On self reliance essay

On self reliance by Emerson the total itself is explanatory, why you may ask, because by the title it self you know that Emerson is it encouraging people to NOT realy on others. Basically he is telling us you do your thing and don’t care about what others think about you, you do you and that’s what he’s saying in the following quote “what I must do is all that concerns me,not what the people think”
The way his tone is set is so that he does not display any emotion all though he still cares because he want the reader to know that you don’t need others to tell you what to do because if you are told what to do all the time you won’t think for yourself and depend on others to think for you. And the way he organizes his words is all planned he knew what he was doing he would talk about one subject first and than the next subject was related to what he was just talking about. How can Emerson’s on self reliance help me in my life well If I learned anything from reading this book 3 times because I lost my spot due to not marking where I ended off it is that he wants us to have our own ideas, our own thoughts and to think for ourselves and not have to depend on others, that by the time I’m thirty years old I don’t have to have others think for me because I WILL be able to think for myself and not just have to go by what someone is telling me but because I was able to analyze the problem and come to a conclusion for myself and also to not be afraid of changing my mine for example if I I tell someone a fact and somebody comes up to me end tells me I’m wrong and I later go on to realize I was wrong I have to learn to accept it and not be ashamed of saying “I was wrong”. That is what Emerson has taught   me in this read and how I could help me in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog